Tuesday, December 19, 2017

I'm Back, I'm Not Sorry, and I'm Defining Boanthropy

Well, first of all I want to apologize.

I want to apologize but I won't.

I want to apologize if you read those first few posts and expected me to say more right away. I want to apologize if you met me at the Harvest Moon and wanted to know I was okay. I want to apologize for giving you the impression that you had access to me, to my thoughts, to my daily life, because I had opened a Facebook account and told you some of my story. 

I want to apologize.

But I won't. 

Instead I want to start with gratitude. 

None of you have asked me to apologize. That urge for forgiveness I feel, the voice that tells me that I am failing you and failing the Resistance, the voice that insistently shames me for turning away from my purpose and shutting my eyes to the truth: that voice is mine alone.

If you are still following, I am grateful.

In that spirit, let me forget myself for a moment and get you up to speed not just on me and my own little LA life and how are things with Beverly blah blah blah, but let's see where we are.

Let's begin with TheBoanthropic.

Since the dawn of time there have always been gurus. Teachers who calls upon followers to enter into a greater understanding, to expand horizons, and nourish and enliven the spirit. 

But there have also been the flip side. Anti-gurus -- let's call them "urugs." These urugs may look and sound the same, but ultimately their goal with their followers is to to separate them from the world and limit their understanding. They bind the soul and starve the spirit. Under the most skilled urug, the follower will be subject to such total negation and abuse that they will undergo a kind of soul death. She will become boanthropized. She will become like cattle, a piece of meat and a tool for the master. 


But...

The soul can never die. Or so the story goes.

When someone is boanthropized, their soul is in accessible. Everything about that person that a loved one might recognize has faded and is unreachable. Memories, familial ties, even the recognition of common sounds, smells or symbols are sometimes lost. We don't know as much as we should. Scientists have carefully avoided any rigorous studies, though cultures around the world have names and stories of the phenomenon. In the 20th century we thought of it as being "brainwashed" or "programmed." But these lacked the fundamental other half of the equation. If the spirit is dead but the spirit cannot be killed, where does the spirit of the soul dead go?

It escapes into TheBoanthropic. 
It is TheBoanthropic.

Many metaphors have been used to describe TheBoanthropic, but what works best for me is a cloud. A cloud is made up of a gajillion water particles, but we don't think of it as a collection. It is one thing. It moves and breaks apart, it gathers and holds energy, and it strikes with a collective force on particular spots when the conditions are chaotic enough. 


We are living in the age of the lightning bolt. The static memory created by The Society's abuse has reached a tipping point. The souls of those taken too soon will no longer be silent.

Next, The Society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment